Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What th F is up with Unemployment?

Monday I decided to call the office to file an unemployment insurance claim. I had never done this before so I had a few questions at the end of the automated part. When it asked me if everything was correct, and then lol threatened me if it wasn't it was punishable by jail time, I said no. They put me on hold and after what seemed forever the voice on the phone said, "Due to large volumes of callers your call can not be taken now, please call back later", and then the line was dead. I was like wtf... all that and then hang up on me?

Tuesday I was going to go in to the office because I had had enough of automated smotomated. I gather some magazines and my knitting as I figure I'm going to be waiting in line to talk to someone. I get there and the security woman says, "What are you here for." I stated what it was and she pointed to the phones!!!! I said "Wait.. isn't there a person I can talk to cause I got hung up on when I tried..." She said, "There is no one to talk to and you have to talk to someone on the phone first before you can talk to anyone else." The place had ceiling high bullet proof glass... and one person behind the desk calling out numbers. I'm like... wtf... this is stupid. So I walked over to the phones and called from there. Do you know what that phone told me? LOL I was sooooo mad. It said due to my social number I would have to call back on Thursday!!! AAArrgg! If I didn't just make a trip for nothing. The reason for the bullet proof glass dawned on me.....
Now I'm also stressed that I won't be able to file an insurance claim on time! I think I would freak out if I missed this week because if you don't file that week you won't get paid later for that week. Anyway... I'm almost freaking out here. It's now Wednesday morning and at least something fun will go on tonight. Maybe take my mind off of things for a bit. I'm going with SusieQ to see some Gothic belly dancers dance at Je'Bon in New York. Also Djinn is playing there. I absolutely love their music. I want to buy their cd. I've wanted to for the longest time. Eh.. probably not going to happen this time. I'll go again though and maybe then I'll get one.

Susie is a sweetie she's going to spot me this time going into the city.... which is nice. I'll have to spot her sometime when I get my new job and I'm making more money. I'll write more later and put some pictures up of the event tonight :)) I think it will hopefully alleviate some stress I've been harboring. :) Now off to clean house as it's still early in the day and things need to get done.

No comments: