Saturday, August 23, 2008

One Flew The Coupe

Nathan left Thursday and I'm feeling empty nest syndrome again. Too many goodbyes this week... I'm tuckered out... stressed... and just plain grumpy.

I need friends to cheer me up or something. Or maybe some good knitting and some music lol... probably more like some plain knitting and some good music instead will do the trick. Still working on Nathan's house socks. Who knows when I'll finish those... hopefully before his birthday anyway. Haven't been feeling like knitting much lately.

Dropped off Nathan at the Airport Thursday and he was not given an escort for the first time. I was nervous for him because his flight stopped in Washington before heading out to Japan. I couldn't believe my baby was old enough to "go it alone". I cried.. of course only after Nathan got on the plane and I couldn't see him anymore. The flight attendant at the desk said, "We'll tell the flight attendants to be aware that he's flying with them." I just nodded. She said "He'll be fine". I felt silly for crying so much but I was really worried and sad at the same time.

He called me at 6am to let me know he got back home safely.
Now I can rest a little easier.

No comments: