Wednesday, August 20, 2008

End of the day

Yesterday was my last day to work at the dental office. They sold the practice and now Dr. Helfen can retire. I'm glad for him... and also sad because of the disease he has. I will always remember their kindness. And I hope that they keep in touch if only to let me know how they are doing. That said I hope that I can find another nice and "non stressful" place to work. I can apply for unemployment now so that's good at least. I've been contemplating many things. Not sure what I'll do really. I do want to get my license for doing x-ray since most people look for that. It's harder to get hired if you don't have it. But I'll need a part time to keep my "charity care" and so I can afford my class. Still want to take belly dance class but... traveling so far away isn't really beneficial. While I like the "sister" atmosphere... I don't know if going back and forth every week is a good thing for me right now. I took some pictures of my room well one of the rooms I work in. I was cleaning.. and thought this is the last time I'm going to clean this room.. and certainly last I'm going to assist here.. so I took some pictures. I know it's silly but I'm going to miss working there. As I was leaving they gave me a cd and book set... with the lyrics to Lee Ann Womack's song "I Hope You Dance" - Very pretty song indeed. It made me cry. I felt it was a very thoughtful gift. Also a 200 dollar bonus gift.. which was really nice as well. It's the best place I ever worked. So hard to say goodbye...

No comments: